Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat! This Hallween, Superman and Batman roamed the streets protecting citizens from evil...oh and collecting mounds of candy while doing it!

Halloween has been the main topic of conversation for the last week. The boys debated endlessly about who was better, Batman or Superman. Superman can fly, but Batman has the Batmobile. Superman can run faster than a locomotive and has x-ray vision, but Batman has cool gadgets on his belt and is techno-savvy. Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne? They are both leaders in the Justice League so it was decided they each have something to offer, and are cool in their own ways.

While we are on the subject...Why is it that EVERYTHING is a competition? I'm constantly hearing "I got dressed on before you", "I washed my hands first", "My picture looks better than yours," "I can write my name better than you," "I got in my seat before you." I'm waiting for them to break out singing "Anything you can do, I can do better; I can do anything better than you." I just googled that song and it's from the Broadway hit Annie Get Your Gun, for those of you who didn't know (Scott). I have a feeling it's only going to get worse.

So back on Halloween, Scott and I were able to attend the preschool parade. Afterwards the parents helped the kids make a couple of crafts. The boys came home with a bunch of candy, like we need any more sugar. Tonight we went trick or treating with our neighbors. In addition to Superman and Batman, we had two Ninja turtles, a sting ray and a shark. After going through our candy and picking out the "good" stuff, the boys enjoyed answering the door when we had trick or treaters. We had to remember who got to hold the bowl last time, to ensure everyone got an equal opportunity to hand out candy.

We are taking a break from sports until after Christmas, when Zach will take tumbling again, and Adam is going to try his hand at basketball.

I guess that's all the news.

No comments: