Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Air Force Academy Reunion

We headed east on 254 toward Colorado. I see the sign for I-35 north towards Kansas City.

Wait.

We're not going to Kansas City...it's not soccer.

WE'VE BEEN DRIVING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION FOR 45 MINUTES.

And no one realized it...

Once we finally made it to Colorado Springs (after 11 p.m. if I remember correctly), we spent three days in Colorado, waiting for Scott to stop talking to people.

It was his 20th year reunion. I knew a few people but not a whole lot. I think Scott and I were the only couple that was still together after 20 years.

We toured the Academy and went to the Air Force Academy vs. Georgia State football game.

We hung out with Academy grads and the boys did homework.... which is really hard when the hotel wifi is spotty. 😒

The view every morning.


Zach's second time touring the Academy this year. I had been before (20 years ago), and Adam was an USAFA newbie.


Closer look at the chapel.



Watching the noon meal formation.


At the football game.



Dinner at a local brewery. Adults conversations are so boring.


On the way home, we took the road less traveled. Highway 94 through eastern Colorado to Highway 40 until we met up with I-70 at Oakley. We went through town like Punkin Center (no information), Kit Carson (pop. 230),  and two large towns of Cheyenne Wells (pop. 842) and Sharon Wells (pop. 790). It's really hard to find a bathroom on this road.



There was a lot going on in this town.



No comments: