Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

I didn't take very many pictures this year. The weather was cold and rainy, with an ice storm predicted for the next two days. Grammy drove down on Wednesday morning.

Our meal: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese (made by Adam and Zach), green beans, rolls, watergate salad, fruit salad, fresh vegetables.

Dessert: two pumpkin pies, chocolate pie and ultimate chocolate cake.

I also made some autumn sangria, which I thought was really good.

Pre-dinner entertainment: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the National Dog Show.


My peeps.

With Grammy...


We are thankful when...

-my home is warm when it's cold outside, I don't start a fire when making steamed broccoli, children can get themselves ready for school with minimal supervision.

-families get together.

-family is together. Time is short - something you don't realize at the time.

-there is vegetables on my pizza.

-I get to spend time with family, reliving memories.

-family comes together and clients listen.

-the dog stiff arms me in the middle of the night, when my boys to to school in shorts when its 40 degrees outside, and when my wife asks me what I think of some new clothes, and then promptly ignores my opinion.

-goals are scored, wood is cut, and grades are made.

-all is well for my family and friends.

-I'm with family, I'm alone, I'm walking in the forest, I'm walking in the city.

-we see family we've not seen for a while and they still recognize me, and I'm thankful for indoor plumbing.

-Starbucks is open, my family is around and -- I'm thankful for snails, skunks and indoor toilets with soft toilet paper.

This was our view the next morning. A bit of ice, but that didn't stop us from picking up a few things from the grocery store and liquor store and going out to dinner with dear friends (priorities). Scott and Adam also made it to Lowe's...there were some Black Friday sale items Adam was interested in. Grammy and Zach stayed home and played games.


No comments: