Sunday, March 27, 2011

Boys: Please Ski Responsibly

It's the second annual Dyer Ski Trip. The boys picked up right where we left off last year. We skied greens the first two days and all blues the second two days. Both Adam and Zach managed well, and much to my dismay, wanted to take all the tree trails.

Yes. Zach got stuck in a bush. After specifically saying, "do not go in those trees," he and Adam did just that...were skiing too close together, ran into each other and Zach wound up on his back with his skis above him in a bush. I was down on the *actual* trail, about eight feet below. I took my skis off, attempted to climb up to help him, but it was too steep. Well buddy...you're on your own. He had to break some of the branches to get loose. Scott had conveniently decided to do one of his favorite blacks, so I was on my own with the boys. Zach had also told me earlier that day "you don't have to worry about me, I can take care of myself." Uh-huh.

Don't think Zach is the only child with ski issues. The next day I was taking a video. Out in the open. In my bright turquoise coat. In broad daylight. And Adam still managed to plow right into me. Here's the video to prove it.

(In case you can't see the video, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOiJHOUMQvI)




Here are a few pics I took with my BlackBerry. (I failed to check the camera battery before I left. And between my phone and Flipcam, I was out of space for holding electronic devices anyway.)

It's a beautiful day to go skiing!
In the snowcat
Shawna and Marty were great hostesses, along with Sophie and Jake...and of course Zach's new best friend, Carlos the Cat.
We ate well (thanks to Chef Marty), slept well (thanks to the lovely accommodations of the Topor House) and skiied well (good weather, good snow).

Here's another little video (2 min) ... most is of the boys skiing, but also footage inside the snowcat, and the "Kitty Cat Parade." (That is when a big line of snowcats is coming up or down the mountain).
It is loud during the parade because we are inside "Marty's restaurant" watching.

(In case you can't see the video, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbjq0IRAVFI




PSA: This ski trip was made possible by the generous support of Shawna and Marty Topor!

Ski Trip 2010

1 comment:

Kris Schindler said...

Looks like it was a super trip!