Monday, June 15, 2009

Washington DC vacation:
Friday, June 12 - Sunday, June 14

We drove to Kansas City Friday afternoon, with one stop at McDonald's for an afternoon treat. A wasp in the car excited everyone (well, maybe just me, as I am scared of wasps and bees). Everyone got out and we opened all the doors and windows. When the wasp finally flew out, we rushed back into the van as if the wasp was going to follow us back in the car.

On Saturday, we headed to Independence Mall with Scott's parents with the primary goal of buying Zach some new shoes. He did find a pair of Spiderman shoes that he liked (but I don't) and said he would wear. His other tennis shoes had holes, but for several months he refused to get new ones because he "didn't want new shoes." One small victory for mom!

The boys ran around the kids area at the mall, and played video games: Galaga (Scott's favorite) and Pac-Man (one of my favorites...Pac-Man's better half, Ms. Pac-Man, is actually my favorite). This picture was taken with my BlackBerry, so it's not the best quality...

Scott and I went out for dinner and enjoyed an hour or so of "no kids." After we ate, we couldn't think of anything to do so we headed back home. Pathetic, I know. Actually, that is not entirely true...Scott suggested a KC Royals game, but that didn't fly with me.

The boys were fired up on Sunday. It probably had something to do with the airplane ride to Washington, DC.
We arrived at Reagan National late afternoon. Lisa and Jason took us to a cool pizza joint, 2 Amys. Lucy, Annie and Buck were eagerly awaiting Adam and Zach's arrival, and the boys were excited to see the dogs, as well. We settled in to Lisa and Jason's house and promptly made a mess. This is Adam and Annie.



No comments: