Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

What we are thankful for:
  • My family
  • Wood-smoked memories and family (this refers to Thanksgiving Day in years past at Uncle David's farmhouse, which was heated by a wood stove)
  • Family
  • Flies, Cockroaches, and Worms
  • Quacky ducks that kiss me
  • Trees
  • Legos
  • Minivans with automatic doors, brothers who play so well together, 3 boys who make me laugh
  • Snarf and glarf
  • The internet, coffee, and my family
  • Mario Kart (a game played on the Wii)
  • Having the privilege of loving my spouse!
  • Music
  • Family, food, housing, friends, a job, and love to all
  • Dazzling sunshine
  • Family being together and indoor plumbing (again referring to Uncle David's farm with the "two-holer" privy)
  • Family and V-8 (engines, not juice!)
  • *Family getting together and staying in touch
After our guessing game, Zach announced, "I should have said I was thankful for underwear!" Everyone agreed that we ALL were thankful for underwear!!

Each year our family writes down what they are thankful for. The notes are read aloud and we try and guess who wrote them.

No comments: