Monday, May 12, 2008

The boys are at preschool while I’m writing this, so the house is quiet and peaceful! We’ve had a few busy weekends with relatives in town and the excitement of losing a first tooth!

Earlier this month, Scott’s parent’s came down for the weekend. Adam had just lost his first tooth, so that was the excitement of the day. He had mentioned to me a few days earlier that his tooth was loose, but I didn’t really think anything of it. Then, I noticed that he had a tooth missing! He doesn’t know what happened to it, so he thought he should write a note to the tooth fairy that said "I lost my tooth. I can't find it." He wanted to make sure he still got a surprise, even thought there was no tooth to show for it. Then Zach decided he wanted to write a note to the tooth fairy too (even though he had not lost any teeth). His note said, "I still have all my teeth in my mouth." He put the note under his pillow and the tooth fairy wrote him back "I’ll keep looking!" Adam got $1 and put it in his piggy bank right away.

Last weekend Mick and Jackie came to visit. The boys were so excited to play with cousins Maggie and Max. We went to the zoo on Saturday morning, then celebrated Mother’s Day on Sunday. The boys picked out a "Superheroes" DVD for me…28 episodes of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Wonder Twins. I also got two other movies that are more my style.

The weather has warmed up so we’ve been playing outside more and more. We’ve had a few very windy days and lots of storms. We only have a few more weeks left at preschool, and then the boys start their mom’s day out programs at their preschool and at the Y.

No comments: