Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This was just too funny NOT to post.

I'm in the basement this morning. All of a sudden, Zach burst out crying, and then Adam. Next comes screaming, more crying and stomping. It continues to escalate and I thought people were getting hurt. I hurry upstairs to find Zach in his room. Here is how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: "What happened?
Zach: "Adam said that 10-12 is wrong."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Zach: "Adam said that you can't subtract 10 from 12, and I say you can!"

(Adam arrives...hysterically crying.)

Adam: "Zach says that you can do 10-12. BUT YOU CAN'T! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!"
Zach: "YES YOU CAN!"
Adam: "Mom! Tell Zach he's wrong!"

Me (trying hard not to laugh): Well, if you subtract 12 from 10 you get a negative number, negative two."

Adam: "No. You don't know what you're talking about! The biggest number always comes first. That's what the rule is!"

I sent them both to their room to settle down and then Scott and I had a good laugh.

No comments: