Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Rainy Easter everyone!

We started our Easter festivities on Tuesday, when the boys and I dyed Easter eggs. We put rubber bands around them to make them striped, but they didn't turn out quite as good as the picture in the magazine.
On Saturday, we had a soccer game at 10:45 am, and then had to rush home for our high noon Easter egg hunt with our next door neighbors and their cousins. Between us and them we had more than 150 eggs and six boys between the ages of 5 and 9. Surprisingly, all the boys ended up getting about equal number of eggs and there were no squabbles until they decided that however had the most eggs had the most "power."It was a good thing we had the hunt on Saturday, because today it has been a steady ran since early this morning. The Easter bunny left baskets for Adam and Zach: sidewalk chalk, water guns, fun coloring pad, money and Star Wars lightsabors! Wow! Grandma Agnes came over for a lunch of lasagna, salad, fruit and bunny cake! I know, lasagna is not typically something you would serve on Easter, but I wasn't going to make ham. As for the bunny cake, just call me Martha Stewart! Now the boys (all three of them) are watching golf, and attempting to play golf in the basement. Zach brought in the junior golf set and when I said that wasn't such a good idea, he had informed me that Daddy said it was ok.

On another note, I have purchased wood to make my raised bed garden this year...there is no turning back now. A group of four of us in the neighborhood have all decided to try and grow our own food. We all went to Lowe's yesterday (with the help of one husband) and picked out our timber. Next is getting topsoil and compost and then planting. I'm going to try tomatoes, zucchini, onion and some kind of leaf lettuce. We'll see how it goes, since I've never had much of a green thumb.

No comments: