Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adam and Zach "Pump it Up"


The highly anticipated Pump It Up party was today. Despite the fact that there were 14 boys ages 5-9 there, everything went smoothly. I think only a few boys got hurt, and the Pump It Up worker did have to enforce the rules a couple of times. I'm glad I don't have THAT job!

I took 10 group pictures...here's the best one:




The two birthday boys.
 
I did have to pull out my "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" card with the cake. I think the majority wanted green, but there wasn't enough for EVERYONE to have green. 


And last but not least...the LEGO cake. 



This was billed as "easy" LEGO cake, and I want to know...easy for who? the first cake ended up a FAIL, so I had to go back to the store and get more cake mix and frosting. The "tops" were marshmallows cut in half and in case you were wondering, frosting a sticky little marshmallow is harder than you'd think. Oh, and the orange cake turned out a little peach. Just can't seem to make that orange dark enough. The boys didn't seem to mind, although Adam informed us on the way home, that he really didn't like cake much. What? First donuts, then "chocolate things," now cake? Whose kid is this?

No comments: